Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Retribution

So the question for today is: If somebody can't get the right information to you, or gave you misleading information, do you decided to spend an extra dollar* to go with somebody else that will?

Sales reps annoy me to no end. I know it's their job to whore themselves out to get business but they need to learn to give me a freakin' straight answer the first time before I wait for two weeks for samples that never arrive forcing me to look for alternative companies to sell the $4 part. And then they come back and say "We didn't ship you the samples because the fab is starting full production items in two weeks" to which I have to reply with "I'm submitting a final BOM to a CM in two weeks for 45k units a year and I only have two samples to work with and I need at least three simply to do basic testing."

Okay so then he says "I'll call you back first thing tomorrow then and make sure you get your samples". Well great dude I've already made phone calls and am about two steps from getting more than enough actual production parts in less than a week. Would it have been so hard to have told me months ago that the parts weren't actually in production yet?

Sorry I make judgments fast, but its a fast paced world and I don't doddle when it comes to choosing what deserves my time and what is a total waste of it.

Editor's Note: *BTW thats one buck per device.....we'd use 45 thousand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home