Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Behold the Power of Stupid

Today has been one of those days that makes me want to crawl up into a ball under my desk and hide from the world. Today I have had to:


  • Listen to very lengthy emails of an enormously obnoxious service guy (we'll call him lee).
  • Rip apart a lift and extract the board because another service guy wouldn't listen and simply gave me a board instead of pulling one from a lift. I then had to pull one single component off and replace it with a wire jumper and reinstall into the lift. All to prove that the component in question was superfluous. This board and mounting system was design by somebody that is no longer here, also the way its mounted, the number of wires going to the board, number of identical connectors and whatnot make it a total service nightmare.
  • Deal with another guy working on drawings that can seem to ever listen to me or read my instructions and never gets part numbers right even when I write them in huge block letters on the print.
  • Had to answer for we're modifying controllers in house as opposed to getting them in modified, somehow the concept that the board house is done making them and that we aren't ordering anymore seems to have escaped some peoples mind. Also nobody seems to know exactly how many vehicles we're going to be building in the next month and half.
  • Had to deal with a "severe weather alert" drill. However, the room that we're supposed to go to in case of a tornado now has a massive hole cut in one wall where they are planning on putting a glass window overlooking the shop floor. Nice move, I was safer at my desk where there aren't bins of scrap steel.
  • Fix a Feature creep problem. I hate feature creep. Now they want to use resistive switches instead of regular hard closure switches. Great maybe I could get it to work but I still have to change a BOM and change component quantities and add a reel meaning, blah blah blah. Our contract manufacturer probably hates me.


I'm sure there was other things but I've blocked them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home