Monday, April 05, 2004

Huh?

Okay so just out of curiosity I decided to look over what I eat naturally and see if it lines up with any sort of diet. So this is the general daily set of meals:

Breakfast: Poptart and a coke: 111g of Carbs, 12g of fat, 540 Calories
Lunch: (Can't really quantify it right now, normally involes two slices of potato or oatmeal bread and something inbetween: pb&j, or misc meats. Sometimes dinner leftovers, and always a yogurt and a banana)
Dinner: Normally 1/2 lb (prior to cooking) of pasta and a tomato based sauce, a clove of garlic, and about a tsp of olive oil. Other times about a 1 lb of beef (in steak form), a baked potato. I do know that a 1/2 lb of pasta has 500 calories and 160 carbs and a 1lb of beef loin is about 1700 calories and mostly just protein

Of course there are others but this is about the most "unheathy" set of meals I can think of right now. So it looks like that in general I eat a low fat diet, but I don't care about my carbs, in fact when I cook my own food normally I have a lot of something very starchy. If I don't eat any fast food I slim down to a little smaller than I am now (6' tall, I wear a 42" coat, 32" pants, and weigh between 175-185lbs).

So yah about all I can say is avoid fast food and things heavy on greese, and actually thats been the general understanding for many many years. So ya I'm not all that impressed with the atkins thing, it seems like people are removing the nutrionally valuable things from food and just leaving the taste and fat, in that case why even bother eating it to begin with. Oh wait I forgot people eat for the hell of it these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home