Thursday, July 22, 2004

Thinking of the ranting chemist

So this morning I noticed, when reading some news from my hometown, this article about a chemical spill on the highway. Here is a different article with many more details.






Obviously the truck was hauling waste for some industrial manufacturing (either metal or glassworks), but the thing that gets to me is the fact that pretty much all states are running out of highway funds. In fact in the state I'm currently residing in (Indiana) the situation is so dire the federal government is getting notified of the impending disaster that could eventually be the transportation industry.

From one area I understand the industry concerns of traffic congestion and bad roads, but what about that traffic congestion and bad roads coupled to possible disasters like the one I started this post discussing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home