Monday, May 03, 2004

Ah... The great outdoors

Bunus points if you know where that quote is from.

So I bought a new computer today, so that way I can play warcraft III more effectively. And where did I purchase said computer? TigerDirect? Buy.com? Dell? Gateway?

The Home Shopping Network

Thats right I bought it from HSN.com. Why? Becuase it was $600 less than Gateway was going to sell it to me for on their site. And it came with a 15" LCD and Lexmark Color printer/scanner. So there is about $300 worth of stuff to sell off which would get me close to paying half price, which is awesome.

What did I get?

A Gateway 901 Media PC

Processor:
3.0GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with 800 Mhz, 512k level 2 cache and hyper-threading technology

Hard Drive:
120 GB Ultra ATA100 7200 rpm hard drive

Memory:
512 MB DDR SD-RAM memory

Optical Drive:
DVD+/-RW +/-R/CD-R/RW recorder all-in-one combo drive (DVD Burner/CD Burner combo drive)

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition

Additional Features & Specifications:

Integrated TV tuner, media center IR remote and receiver
6-in-1 memory card reader for Compact Flash I and II, Multimedia (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media and Sony Memory Stick formats
128 MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200G with TV output graphics accelerator
4 USB 2.0 (2 in front and 2 in back), 4 IEEE 1394 FireWire, and 1 each 7.1 line out and SPDIFF optical out external ports
Integrated 10/100 ethernet
56K PCI data/fax modem
Gyration wireless keyboard and mouse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home