Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I find the need to clarify a few points... An IRC conversation isn't exactly the best of mediums for a true debate (nor did either of us have a nice set of resources for one...though that would have been fun). Which brings me to my next thing, I personally view the greatest problem is a great sense of apathy in the world and lack of conviction, of which I obviously embody intentionally. This view is also why I don’t agree with nor object to the title of libertarian, capitalist, republican or whatnot. Every group has ideas that I agree with, disagree with, and don't care to form an opinion on. When it boils down to it, the Zen master perspective, in all its infuriating glory (or lack thereof), works fairly well in illustrating the apathy that has developed in this melting pot, it leads to stability of a sort as well as a lack of cohesion. So there will always be someone like me there to be utterly absurd and annoying to all sides, if that results in better clarification of points then there was possibly an iota of a benefit, if it doesn't...is the world worse off?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home