Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Funny Math

So before I left for vacation I closed a checking account I had with a very small local bank about 3 hours away from where I now live. It was your standard run of the mill feeless, intrestless checking account. I had about 50 bucks or so in the account which they simply cashed out and gave to me.

Anyway when I was going through my stacks of mail I found two notices from that bank saying my account was 20 CENTS overdrawn. Needless to say I'm baffled by this.

It of course probably cost them more than 20 cents to send me two notifications for being overdrawn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My checking account with small bank in the same town has a balance of 10 cents. and I can't close it over the phone! My savings account there has 1.00, since they won't let me transfer that last little bit out to my checking account. It was fun writing myself a check for 90 cents though!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home