Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some Home Network Topography

Here is a quick diagram I drew up of the network items and basic topography of what I'm attempting to do. Nothing majorly exciting, the only flaw I see in it is having the NAS/BOOTP server sitting between two networks.

One item I didn't mention is I'm using a Netgear FVX538 which I got for an absolutely phenominal deal (factory refurbished). It replaces my FVS318 that previously had served all my needs extremely well. I am very excited about this new router however, its feature list coupled with a web interface that works very well make it a dream to configure and use. I especially like the bandwidth monitoring and shaping tools I have available to me (bit torrent ruining your browsing? No more!).

Ironically I don't actually have a laptop, its just there for um... completeness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home