Sunday, September 18, 2005

Guess the winner of this matchup

Today's vehicle deathmatch is the 3/4 Ton Suburban versus Nissan Sentra.




So here's the story. I was coming back from Bloomington after seeing a Rose-E perform (Brandon Javella for those who may know him, he's pretty good actually) when to my surprise I was rounding a bend in the road when I saw headlights in my lane. At first I couldn't believe it and the first thing I asked by girlfriend was if I was in the right line, could I have turned onto a one way or an opposing turn lane?

Nope, I just was up against a vehicle that had three (likely illegal since the one guy that went to the hospital didn't have a license that match) hispanic men that smelled of alcohol. In fact I performed all the correct avoidance procedures by the book and hit at about 25-30mph. Oh yah and the two other guys left the injured guy there are the scene before the cops and paramedics showed up. Okay so how cliché is that?

So now I have a vehicle that could be totalled (it should be), it all depends on how severely the frame is bent (hydroformed front end can't really be repaired) and if it did any motor damage. I'm probably going to pay the $500 deductible since I doubt they are insured. But both of us are okay, though I have a nice bruise on my leg. Oh at a little a stiff.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, that sucks! It's good that you're mostly OK, though.


--charles

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doh! that's no good at all. Glad to hear you're okay though.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, glad you're ok. But striking poor defenseless undocumented workers with your imperialist SUV? Racism rears its ugly head once again.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor new SUV.

I'm glad you are both okay.

-jerry

5:19 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Nags,

Well I couldn't help think about the tally on your blog...

I wonder what graphics I would chose for that.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're okay!! I got rear-ended (for the 3rd time in my life) by 2 Mexican men. They couldn't be any more ready to get the hell away from the accident scene. They were all pretending to not know English, hanging on the side of my car trying to threaten me.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home