Thursday, October 28, 2004

Explosives

So I've been thinking about this whole stink over some explosives (okay 400 tons of them) in Iraq. I don't know why the government is being obtuse about their whereabouts except if they had seized them and were gonna use them somewhere. Otherwise the US military's standard operating procedure when it comes across explosives that they don't want is to blow them up.

We had all kinds of surveillance up in the air at the time (and I assume we still do), so it wouldn't be trivial to smuggle out 400 tons of high explosives in 55 gallon drums.

So this one tape of the place filmed by a reporter in a plane that was flying over the facility shows "barrels" outside of the location they used to be. My question is... Where is the freaking huge blackened hole in the ground? I just can't imagine a unit giving up the opportunity to explode a really big pile of fireworks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home