Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Tonight would appear to be self awareness night (after reading Nates blog that is halfway though writing this one, yes I do actually, believe it or not, take time in writing posts). What I'm doing is not all that challanging, pretty much as long as I am in a quasi state of concousness I can perform the tasks at hand without trouble. Sometimes things are interesting when deadlines to a whole slew of things come up because its like Tetris and you have to juggle all the pieces so they fall into place correctly.

At this moment in time I shall take a short break to chase the mouse that while signficantly faster than the last one I caught has been getting progressively braver

Okay so back to the self awareness bit. I have nearly paid off all my credit card debt I had accumilated during college (something about being stubborn enough never to ask parents for money when it was needed), I have more that enough to live off per month, so now the choices present themselves. What should I do with it, naturally a decent chunk goes to college loans, but after consolidation thats only about a grand each month so I know saving its a good idea, but would investments be a better idea? After all the next true goal of mine would be to make money. I mean you set for yourself these little goals: make it into college, make it through college, get a job, etc. So after getting the job the next big one would then be making sure you have enough for retirement or for that mater whatever it is that you want to do. Since I passed the FE, in four years I should be able to take the PE, further advancing my professional development. Do I want to be doing what I doing for the next say 30 years of my life? No. Do I think I'll be able to make it through the next 2 or 3 years without being bored out of my mind? Maybe.

Okay that was just really weird, the mouse ran behind the sub (which is right next to the wall and in plain sight with nothing around it), I lunge to smush the sub against the wall. I hear nothing, no squashing noise, no squealing, nothing. I pull the sub away, there is no mouse, nada. I didn't see it run from either end. This is getting a little weird, especially after watching something like Donnie Darko a few days ago. So I guess I'll let you know if I either get the mouse, or it starts telling me to do acts of vandalism :)

Okay so if I don't want to do the things I've been doing for the last 6 months or so, I've been thinking about what I would rather be doing, and I have realized that I have always thought abut it but never really pursued the Nuclear officer thing (today's lunch kind of reminded me of the lingering thought). I found out that the end of my eligibility would be at the age of 29. So I have approximately 6 more years before I really need to make a decision.

I am reminded of a post I made before, in which one of the points I make is about changing the world. I basically stated that what good are one's views unless one is willing to undertake measures to somehow affect the world. I have a certain number of a views, granted most of them having to do with being left alone, but I can't help thinking about how one actually goes about affecting the world. Without daddy senator and momy lawyer how does one into that sort of influence?

Well if there is one thing that does seem to affect everything it would be money. All those that affect things now, have money, had parents with money, and consquently breed another generation with it. Dont' take me wrong here I'm not saying that money is evil, I'm just saying that it really takes a while to build it up, and by that time one is probably too old to be able to affect change, but through that base can influence the future generation that can build off of that to really make things happen.

So really starting this low in the game means the theoretical maximum one can obtain would be not to enact change, but to inspire it. Ultimately then one needs to not only have a base to pass on, but one needs to be a great leader (military seems a pretty good start for most), but above all needs to be a good teacher as well. Ironically this reminds me of Plato's concept of the Philosopher-Kings. Wow what an idea to have at this time. When at one time the great thinkers (whom were beyond their time then) would be now considered conservative. LOL I guess conservative is by defintion a classical approch to problems.

Well my thoughts have wandered this evening as would a stream, having not come from anywhere nor ended anywhere, I believe I shall call this end for tonight and perhaps find my way to a real ending in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home