Tuesday, October 18, 2005

New Cell Phone

So I decided to pick up a new cell phone today since I was using an ancient Motorola V60i with Verizon (which I am sure is somehow a member of Devil & Assoc. Inc.)

I am now the owner of pretty much the only phone that has sparked any interest for me: the Motorola V3 Razr in black with Cingular Wireless.

Unfortunately number portablity only works between carriers in the same local market so that means I have a new number (blah). Which means if you're in my phone book you'll be getting a call. If you aren't but you're in my email list you'll be getting an email. In all other cases I probably don't care enough about you to bother (just kidding of couse, leave a note and I'll make sure you get the latest number)

Editor's Note: The Razr only costs $200 when you sign a two year contract.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ended up driving back to Illinois to get a new phone in July just to keep my number the same. That locality rule is a pain.

Seeing as I am in the general area (Rockville), send me an email if you want. Username is portercw, and I'm at gmail.

--charles

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're very nice phones, except on mine the keypad colors are starting to run which is... strange. Still works great. A little bummed that I can't use my pokia "headset" with it, but oh well, I can always get one of those borg earpieces.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

I know it sounds retarded but... for some reason the bluetooth ear pieces kind of freak me out for some reason.

The first aspect of it is that it looks really funny seeing a person talking to themselves (since you can't see any wires) and the second is that while if you hold your phone up to your head those "bad waves" from the phone go straight into your brain. But if you use the bluetooth headset you're likely absorbing the phone's "vibes" in your testicles and the bluetooth in your head....

Throwing humor aside though I think the problem for me is that I don't really want to carry around another piece of hardware with the phone. Though I could see that the 'borg headpiece would be quite nice in a car or for a person that would spend a lot of time typing and talking on the phone.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home